25. Today I am twenty five years old. It feels crazy to feel like I've sent so many years in this life yet I feel like it's just starting. I'm just starting to accomplish the things I'd like to.
I post a lot of images throughout the year. You may have followed my business from day one or just yesterday but, with inspiration from PEOPLE magazine, I thought it would be fun to do '25 things you don't know about me at 25.'
1. I have a cosmetology license. This has come in handy MANY times when a bride or bridesmaid has a hair or make up crisis.
2. I can play guitar. I haven't had much time to play in the last year but I love to learn to play songs I hear on the radio when I get a chance.
3. I got my first CDs when I was 10. I got the "Annie" soundtrack and Queen's Greatest Hits. Queen is still on my iphone to this day.
4. I did not grow up thinking I would be a photographer but all the signs were there. I carried a camera with me everywhere I went.
5. I was homeschooled my senior year. I entered my lab as a sophomore at the career center (you usually enter as a junior) so I graduated from the career center a year early. I had 3 classes left to do and finished them online by December of that school year.
6. Every summer, I HAVE to go to a Reds game.
7. I love politics. If you've added me on my personal facebook, I might not have accepted your request because I'm not sure if my political talk will please you or offend you. All in all, we are all wanting the same thing for our country (I hope.) and that's to be better.
8. I was in AFJROTC when I was in 9th and 10th grade.
9. I still live by the Air Force Core Values of Integrity First, Service Before Self, and Excellence In All We Do. It's kept me out of trouble and brought me success. (Thanks Chief and Colonel)
10. I don't drink coffee. Yuck.
11. My wardrobe is mostly black, grey, and deep red. Jonathan complains when we go shopping because I don't "pick out enough color" haha
12. I was OBSESSED with the Twilight series. Books, t-shirts, movies, purses, posters... I had it all. #TeamJacob
13. I keep all the cards I receive. Christmas cards, birthday cards, thank you cards... all of them. I find something so nice about handwritten notes and cards. They warm my heart.
14. My natural hair color is brown but my eyebrows and eyelashes are so blonde you can barely see them. Kinda nice never having to worry about tweezing!
15. I'm a nail biter. I usually try to have gel polish on my nails to prevent me from biting them.
16. The ice at sonic is amazing. I love to eat ice and Sonic has my favorite ice. (and no, my iron is fine!)
17. If I had more time, I'd love to be an avid hunter. I shoot a compound bow but usually never get to go out because I'm busy. To relieve stress, I sometimes go out in the back yard and shoot at my target.
18. Beauty and the Beast was my favorite growing up! When I delivered Lacie, Jon left to get food and came back with the Beauty and the Beast 20th anniversary DVD. We watched it together as a family and haven't stopped watching Disney movies together since.
19. Favorite shows? Pretty Little Liars (Don't judge, I still don't know why I watch it!), Bachelor/Bachelorette (For the ridiculousness), Once Upon a Time, Grey's Anatomy, Quantico... Many others but those are my staples.
20. I really do not favor the beach.... the sand and sea salt water is just blah to me.
21. I would love to visit Colorado, Alaska and Ireland in my life time.
22. I have a small tattoo on my foot. People are so surprised when they see it.
23. Birthdays are a HUGE thing for me. My family knows that a cake, candles, a birthday wish and a present have to be involved. MUST HAVE A BIRTHDAY WISH AFTER BLOWING OUT THE CANDLE! IT'S A MUST!
24. If it could be winter/fall all year round... I would be happy although I would miss summer thunderstorms.
25. I LOVE learning about others. Where they come from, what brought them to cross my path, why they got that tattoo, did you get your eyes from your mom or your dad... those type of things. The way we are all connected and how we grow into who we are by way of genetics and experiences fascinates me.
P.S. - Thank you to my wonderful husband for photographing me as one of my birthday presents <3 You did an amazing, outstanding job on these and I will cherish them forever. Not only because they are awesome but because you took them. Love you.